Wednesday, June 17, 2015

30 Day Challenges Day 24 - 10 Favourite Xmas Designs and WIP Wednesday

I missed posting yesterday after a busy work day. We have our first year anniversary coming up, so the preparations were more involved than I planned for. Of course that's how things generally go, so why don't we plan for that? :)

As an apology to Kate, I'm going to post 10 Christmas themed designs I like and post photos if I stitched them. She has a great list of stitching resolutions from yesterday, so check out her post if you need to re-vamp your stitching after your January resolutions went by the wayside. 

1. Xmas by Kincavel Krosses




This is a nice, free design you can stitch in any colour. I went with traditional red, but I bet this would look fabulous in one of the variegated Christmas threads, like Chromatic Alchemy's Candy Cane or Caron's Holiday. 

Kincavel Krosses has many, many great Christmas designs in a variety of styles, so check it out for your Xmas stitching. 

2. Mill Hill tree kits

I really love these little kits. I've only finished one, but I have a 2nd one on the go right now. This is the WIP of the one above:



These are larger than the trees, about 5x5 I believe, and have a variety of Xmas or winter themes. I don't own any of these kits, I only have a few Halloween ones, so I can't speak to how easily they stitch up, but I imagine it's similar. 

4. Alessandra Adelaide Christmas trees and other designs


Ornament from JCS 

AAN has so many beautiful Christmas designs, from trees to ornaments to mangers. You can find something you'd like to stitch much too easily. :) And many of her charts only use a few colours so you can adjust the colour scheme to match your decor if necessary. The above ornament is stitched with unknown Dinky Dyes silk in red, DMC B5200 satin on 28 count blue/green fabric. 




I stitched this on 14 count Charles Craft silver dust Aida with WDW Liberty, Okefenokee, and Picket Fences. It's a nice easy stitch and you could use almost any colours. 



These are gorgeous every one! I don't know if anyone would have wall space for all 12, but wouldn't it be fantastic to have them all? 



For something a little smaller, but still gorgeous and a lot of work, try this single design by Joan Elliott. Her gift with colour shows well in this piece. 

8. Warm Winter Wishes by Waxing Moon Designs


I've seen this stitched up a few times now, it's very cute and a great gift for people who don't necessarily celebrate Christmas, or who prefer non-Christmas themed designs to leave out longer during the year. 



Sue Hillis has a lot of fun designs and I'm going to include a bonus Sue Hillis as well:


I've seen this one stitched up, it looks awesome and would be a fun stitch for anyone. 

10. Christmas Celebration Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin


This is a nice little chart that has lots of little finishes, so it feels like you're accomplishing something with every letter. The border is neat with the snowmen and reindeer and snowflakes too, so it looks like a fun stitch for anyone. 

I hope you enjoyed the list and let me know if you've stitched any of these that I haven't yet!

Here's my WIP on Box of Delights, part one is complete:

This is on 25 count pewter lugana with DMC 820 for the outlines and border. The first box is with DMC 105, the 2nd with WDW Ivy and Camellia, the third DMC 52 and the bottom  row is WDW Bethlehem, 3 Dinky Dyes silks in shades of deep to light purple, and WDW Union Blue and unknown Dinky Dyes dark fuchsia colour. 

I think I'm going to keep up with this for a while. I'd like to finish the border. This week is IHSW hosted by the inimitable Joyce who's back at stitching and blogging again. It's also Father's Day here in the USA, so I don't know that I'll have much time to stitch. We'll see how it goes. 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch










8 comments:

  1. Tiffany, thanks for sharing such a great range of Christmas designs, lots of inspiration for us all there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of designs. And excellent progress on Boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs. Love your WIP. Have a great IHSW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a Christmas person, but if I was, those are great choices!

    You're doing fabulous on your stitching as well! That piece is really coming together nicely and the colors really pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would like to finish the border circles and then go back and finish the boxes, but my willpower is pretty weak, so part 2 might be done soon as well.

      And I tried to add a couple winter themes for non-Xmas peoples.

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...