Thursday, August 27, 2015

Box of Delights is Complete!

I'm very happy to announce I finished Box of Delights last night. I stayed up only a little later than usual to finish off the last box. Unfortunately I didn't get a great close-up photo with my phone, it really washed out all the colours and seems to have an unfortunate pink cast to the whole photo. 


The whole piece shows off the colours much better. 


This was a good adventure for me. I mostly enjoyed it, but I did find having to outline the borders and boxes got repetitive. I'm not saying blackwork isn't for me or anything, but it got to be somewhat of a slog near the end. I really liked the process of picking out colours, and it's possible it only felt like a drag at the end because I'm so excited to start my next project. :)

I do think my next blackwork piece, Fleur de Lys by Brodeuse Bressane, is a little smaller and definitely has more variation, so I hope to enjoy it more. That will be in 2016, so you'll have to stay tuned for that one. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch






25 comments:

  1. Congrats on the beautiful finish Tiffany.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats, that looks FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish, Tiffany! I love all the colors. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the beautiful finish!! It's lovely :) How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's about 12"x12" square, so I think that's a decent pillow size. Although it might be easier to frame something that size too. Hmm...

      Delete
  5. Stunning! It looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finish! Beautiful colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffany, oh such a wonderful finish, you should be very proud of yourself. Your new project looks wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing finish, well done for sticking with it. It looks absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this looks amazing! Congrats on the finish! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the kind comment on my blog, you are still a no-reply-commenter so this is the only way I can get a message back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. :) I still can't fix that, no idea how to do it in Google +

      Delete
  11. beautiful finish ☻

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh this looks amazing finished! Love the rainbowy one in your latest set, though overall I think I like that blue/green one on the top row. Looks like banana berry yarn, one of my favorite colorways! :D

    And caught a comment in passing, would this link work for your no-reply fix? You'd actually have to go to the blogger dashboard, not G+ though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it worked!! Thank you. I couldn't figure out how to do it through G+, but since that's dying out anyway, I was able to figure out how to get a Blogger profile again with that link. Thank you very much! And thank you for the comments too!

      Delete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...