Saturday, May 21, 2016

IHSW May Part 2

This weekend we have IHSW Part 2, so sign up if you'd like to join in and hermit and stitch away all weekend! 

I lucked out in that I only had to work this morning, so I was able to get out KLT Charting Owl #6 and am well on the way to finishing:

As with the rest, I used DMC 823 4 over 1 and I'm using Jodyri thread Rose Ringed Parakeet 2 over 1 for the backstitch effect. The center cross stitches are 4 over 1 since I wanted them to have a little more definition. 

I really like the filling thread. I think it shows well and the colours compliment each other well. 

I hope you're all having a great weekend and I'll get a photo of the whole thing once I finish Owl #6 and have to move the Qsnaps. Speaking of the Qsnaps, do you like my new cover from Cirrus Creations? It fits perfectly and I love the little birds! Plus it's roomy enough for the afghan fabric I'm using to be rolled into it. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

4 comments:

  1. Awesome progress Tiffany. I love the floss your using. I have always stitched in hand. I have tried Q Snaps but didn't like them. Your cover is cute.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colours - again! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your owl is looking good and your Q snap cover is so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours for your latest owl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...